FIGES provides the following engineering services (design, analysis and prototype manufacture), training and software for marine vessels and marine vessel subsystems.
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis) applications in structural integrity, strength of materials and structural stability, fatigue, vibration, acoustic, blast, ballistic and shock calculations,
- CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) applications in ship design optimization, rudder, propeller, flap analyses, exhaust system design, fog distribution and HVAC simulations,
- Electromagnetic shielding and heat transfer calculations,
- Modeling and simulation studies on mechanical, hydraulic, electronic and mechatronic subsystems of naval platforms and controller development for these systems using System Engineering and Model-Based Design methodology,
- Command control, monitoring and alarm systems and simulator design using System Engineering methodology,
- Functional modeling, sizing, simulations, analyses, optimizations, performance studies of naval propulsion systems and their control systems.